Ir Dovid – City of David
Did you know that the original city of Yerushalayim as it was in the times of Dovid HaMelech is outside the current walls of Yerushalayim? Lying just south of Shaar Ashpot, the Dung Gate, Ir Dovid was only discovered in the last century. And only in the last 20 years has it been excavated.
Visit Ir Dovid to see the unique topography of ancient Yerushalayim. See old palaces, the Gikhon Spring, the Shiloach pool. The kids will love walking through Chizkiyahu’s water tunnel and if you don’t want to walk through water you can a fun walking through Warren’s Shaft.
Come hear the story how and why Dovid conquered Yerushalayim. Why Bnei Yisoel waited over 400 years after entering Eretz Yisroel to finally do so. And hear the story of Chizkiyahu and Sancherev and the marvelous engineering feat of Chizkiyhu’s tunnels.
- CategoryAction & Adventure, Hiking, Historical Sites, Landmarks, Sightseeing
- LocationJerusalem - City, Jerusalem Area, Jerusalem Old City
- Admission42 NIS for adults 28 for kids including movie (if you want a private tour guide it is not included)
- Reservations Neededno
- HoursSun.-Thurs. 8:0-5:00pm winter 7:00pm summer
- Additional infoTo arrange a guide and/or driver or for other trip ideas contact Israel With Style. US 718-874-2764 Israel 054-840-6454 or use the contact form.